WHERE IS THE NEW CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN IOWA REALLY AT?
BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT A BUILD FROM THE BEGINNING.
A. Get with YOUR Real Estate Agent. These are three real advantages and why we think this is important to YOUR new construction journey.
- A Good Real Estate agent helps you get in contact with Good Home Builders.
- A Good Real Estate Agent understands the importance of location and can educate you on all lots available.
- A Good Real Estate agent understands the market, and guides you to a decision that leaves you with a great lot and home instead of getting burned.
B. Time to break ground. Besides constructing your home, home builders (such as www.eaglehomesiowa.com) provide a planning process that guides you through options on how YOUR home is going to be built.
- Financing options. Different builders offer different options. In www.eaglehomesiowa.com case you can choose to go through a builders loan or your own.
- Design and Drafting. This process is the fun part. Although decisions can be hard, most builders have model homes you can brainstorm with.
- Location. You’re now financed and have a design, now it is a matter of putting the shovel to dirt.
WHAT ABOUT THE CURRENT SUPPLY CHAIN CRISIS?
Home Builder Eric Vander Ploeg touches on the effect of supply chain on the Iowa Home Building rhythm.
“Supply chains in some areas are catching up. That being said, we are still far from where we were. After a good amount of time, the building culture has adjusted to this supply chain timeline as a normal.”
Vander Ploeg mentions that to combat the supply chain timeline, Eric and his home owners “simply” adjust their timeline back to match the supply chain. It is not perfect, but setting realistic expectations helps when envisioning YOUR new home.
The reality is jumping from a model home to a custom home is a pretty big leap in the current market. Custom builds are comprised of real-time decisions that may require patience on the supply chain timeline.
In the end, it’s not a bad time to build if you understand the supply chain and adjust your expectations on the timeline of the project. Get with YOUR realtor, team up with a builder, set realistic expectations, and wait eagerly.